Something Like Fate

Something Like Fate - Susane Colasanti Erin and Jason start dating. But Lani and Jason start developing feelings for each other because they have so much in common. Even though they both feel conflicted and know it shouldn't happen they can't control it. Erin goes away for the summer and leaves Erin and Jason behind. What happens when she's gone?I really really enjoyed this one. I loved the way it was written. Loved the tense and I felt like I was standing next to Lani through the whole thing. The connections between Lani and Jason and Erin and Lani were fantastic. I understand the feelings and reservations Lani had and why she felt guilty. I've been there. It was a long time ago since that happened though, as I'm an old lady. It was a really simple novel. But that's okay. They don't always have to be complicated. I enjoyed that for a change. It was like this novel gave off a retro feeling like the books I used to read when I was a teenager. I would've loved this when I was younger.The only reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 was because it didn't move me, didn't push me over the edge. I didn't really have any strong feelings. And I only give 5 stars to books that change me in some way or ones that I will remember forever.