Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood - Eileen Cook Revenge is a funny thing. It sounds like a good idea at the time, but then you realize that it doesn't make you feel as good as you thought it would. Truthfully, I don't know how much I believe this. I've gotten revenge on people before. Not to the extent that Helen did in the book, but I didn't really feel bad afterward. In fact, I felt pretty satisfied with myself. The girl was a superb*tch to me and many other people, and frankly she deserved it. I kind of think Lauren did too. Helen definitely went too far with the drugs, but I was okay with it up until that point. Lauren was not a nice person. She was awful to her friends and everyone around her. She was a self-entitled whiny snot. But I get why Helen felt bad in the end. She felt herself turning into Lauren. That's enough to make anyone stop and think. Who would want to turn into her?It was a good book, but definitely not life-changing. I suppose it could be thought provoking for teen girls. I liked it though, it was a fast-paced fun read, and just what I needed to break up the many serious novels I'm reading this year. I absolutely loved Brenda.