Sleight (Avra-K)

Sleight - Jennifer Sommersby Sleight. Wow. What a read. I even read the acknowledgments at the end. I'd give it more of a 4.5 stars. I'll explain why in a moment. First, let's talk about what I loved. Amazing characters, awesome setting, and a believable plot. The balance of the three was perfect. I couldn't honestly say that it was character-driven or plot-driven, because the balance was so well done. I loved Gemma, Ash, and Marlene, but my favorite character by far was Irwin. I would've loved to have someone like Irwin looking out for me in my life. I wasn't really a Henry fan at the beginning but he grew on me by the end. He was just too sweet to Gemma. I like a little bit of bad boy in my men. I was more of an Ash fan..but Jen took care of that for me as well. I can't reveal how or why without revealing spoilers, and I try to keep my reviews as spoiler-free as I can.I love circuses. I know they are bad for the animals, I just think they make great book settings. Water For Elephants anyone? And I love elephants. I can't believe major publishers passed on this novel. It was fantastic. But I'm glad you went and published it anyway Jen. This is a book you can be proud of. And Lucian made such a great villain. One of the creepiest villains I've encountered this year so far. I'd like to talk quickly about what I didn't like. And I say quickly, because there isn't much. Truthfully, I just felt like the plot could've been tightened up just a bit more. There were a few parts in the book where I felt the action dragged a little bit. There weren't any specific scenes I would've removed or anything, I just felt sometimes maybe the author went into too much detail. It was a bit wordy in places. But honestly, even though I thought that could've been improved upon, the writing was beautiful and it flowed so well.Basically I'm just dying to read the next one. I've been told it's an action movie on paper. I hope certain characters redeem themselves, but that is doubtful. This is one series I will be continuing. Guys, this is a self-published novel. It is available for purchase on Amazon in ebook form. But you need to get it. It's fantabulous.