The Royal Dragoneers (The Dragoneers Saga, #1)

The Royal Dragoneers - M.R. Mathias I don't even know where to begin. All you need to know is that it was awesome. Everything I have read(two books so far), by M.R. Mathias I have loved. I could not recommend this author to you more. If you are a fan of fantasy or stories about magic, or you loved Harry Potter, pick this one up. I feel like this book is right up there with J.K Rowling's writing. And we all know how great those books were. This author needs more recognition. I know he already has a lot of readers and fans. But I wish he was more well known. I wish I knew how to get him there. I suppose I could continue to sing his praises from the rooftops, but there is only so much little old me can do. I tend to get attached to his characters. Then he has a way of pulling the rug out from underneath you and ripping them away and leaving you devastated. I didn't cry during this novel, not like the last one( I was bawling). But that doesn't mean I liked it any less. It was absolutely fantastic. I got quite attached to the dragons, not as much to the people, but I liked them as well. My two favorite characters were Jade and Herald. Kind of odd choices, and you would understand if you read it(go read it). The book is very character driven, but that doesn't mean there isn't a plot either. Because the whole story is amazing. It goes by very quickly. And I definitely didn't want to put it down. He writes his characters so well. It's like he really knows the ins and outs of what a true fantasy character should be. Now I will admit, I am not a huge fantasy reader, and I probably won't be after this, but whenever he asks me to read one of his books, I just can't turn him down because I know I will get an amazing story out of it. The descriptions are perfect. He describes battle scenes as if they are actually happening as you are reading them. Dragons whirling and spiraling in the air, people falling from the sky, the glittering of dragon scales, a massive brick wall separating an entire region of land topped with archers and dragon guns...WOW. I need to take a breath. And now I am quite attached to both of his fantasy series and I will absolutely need to find out what happens next.Bottom line is this: Pick this one up. I highly recommend it. It is an enjoyable read; honestly it's more than that, but there's only so many words in the English language I can use without sounding like a pretentious idiot. It's available on Amazon, Smashwords, AND Barnes and Noble. You have no excuse.