The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires Series #2)

The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires, Book 2) - Rachel Caine The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine isn't winning any awards. The books are what I would like to call a guilty pleasure. Like reading a Harlequin Romance novel, which by the way I do not do. Just for the record. The novels are campy and plot-driven and simply-written. But they sure are a lot of fun. Every now and then I need to read a book like this to break up all the serious novels I'm reading and reviewing. I'm not too concerned about this review, and as such it will probably be fairly short. There's not a whole lot to say. The Dead Girls' Dance was a very quick read. It was suspenseful and paced well as all the books in this series seem to be. I do like the characters, but they aren't particularly memorable. I'll get through this entire series at some point, but I'm pretty sure that none of these books are going to make their way onto my favorites list. I only gave this one 3 stars, because I liked it, but it didn't blow my mind or anything. The book was better than okay though. Basically just a fun mindless read. I love Shane and I love Amelie. I'm pretty sure the author is building her up to be like a super-villain in a future book, but that's okay. She's definitely the scariest character by far. But these books are not at all scary. Just so you know. I do hope that in a future book we really find out what's down that alley by Amelie's house. Possibly the next book based on the title? I hope we are mostly done with Shane's dad, because I didn't particularly like that storyline. I just thought it was campy, cliche, and stupid. And Monica. What's her deal? I guess we'll find out.To my blog readers: There are a lot of books in this series. What, like 12? But even with that many, it's not like it's a large time investment. Because like I said, even if you are a slow reader they go pretty fast. And they are sold in volumes now. This book was a fun read, but it was by no means a masterpiece. :)