Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks - Lauren Myracle Summary from Goodreads:Growing up in a world of wealth and pastel-tinted entitlement, fifteen-year-old Carly has always relied on the constancy—and authenticity—of her sister, Anna. But when fourteen-year-old Anna turns plastic-perfect-pretty over the course of a single summer, everything starts to change. And there are boys involved, complicating things as boys always do. With warmth, insight, and an unparalleled gift for finding humor even in stormy situations, beloved author Lauren Myracle dives into the tumultuous waters of sisterhood and shows that even very different sisters can learn to help each other stay afloat.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~What do you get when you put a totally annoying protagonist (at least most of the time), a totally adorable (and desired by boys everywhere because of her giant rack) younger sister, some plastic friends, cute boys, and a prestigious Christian school together? You get a book full of total awesomeness and win. I could praise this novel forever and ever and it wouldn't be enough. This book made me sad I was an only child and missed out on all that sisterly drama. I seriously wish I had had siblings now. And it's not like it showed siblings through rose-colored glasses. There was a lot of fighting and drama. And yet, this book moved me in ways others that I've read lately haven't. Yes, Carly the main-character was all too often unlikeable. And Anna, the younger sister was sweet and adorable and I spent most of the book feeling sorry for her and wanting to give her a hug. Their parents were totally douchey. Almost all of their friends were plastic and annoying except Vonzelle. Carly was interested in the wrong boy. The character interactions felt totally real to me. And the book was written really well in a style that I truly enjoyed. The book was character-driven and plot-driven and I really couldn't put it down. Sometimes it was difficult reading the story through Carly's voice, because most of the time I wanted to slap her. She was incredibly stupid. She was determined to be different and not act like everyone else. And in doing so made herself like everyone else anyway. And you would think this would be annoying to read. And it was at times. But it was also a lot of fun. This is one book I will definitely be reading again and it has gone onto my favorites shelf. And as annoying as the whole Christian school thing was (I'm an atheist), I found the way the author wrote about it was mostly humorous and I actually ended up quite enjoying the setting.Bottom line is this: This book was pure fun and enjoyment. And I noticed a lot of you haven't read it. This needs to change. Add this one to your list. I'm fairly sure you won't be disappointed.