The Trust

The Trust - Sean Keefer I read most of this book but I didn't finish it. I feel like I have to say something about that. I don't want you guys getting the impression that it was a bad book or I didn't like it. Because that simply isn't true. I just won't put a book up on my blog if I didn't finish it.I don't usually read legal thrillers. They just aren't my thing. But I can tell you that this book was a fun read. I really loved the main character, though I thought he was a bit of a wimp when it came to women. I really loved the setting of the story too. The author gave a great impression of Charleston but it wasn't overly romanticized either. The pacing of the book was great as well.Now. On to why I couldn't finish the book. It just fell apart at the climax for me. I was not surprised at all when I found out who the villain was. There was no one left to pin it on, unless someone came back from the dead. Not only that, but I thought the ending of the book was such a clear departure from the rest of the story that I felt like I was reading a different novel entirely. It just didn't work for me. There were no surprises and I saw everything coming. I hate when that happens and it completely ruined the book for me. But notice one thing for me please. I am not criticizing the entire book. I really did think it was good. I just didn't care for the ending and I had to put it down. I was getting seriously angry. That's why I won't rate it or put it up on my blog.As for the author, I think he had great writing talent. And I would definitely read something written by him again. I would just personally hope it wasn't a legal thriller.