Kings, Queens, Heroes, & Fools (The Wardstone Trilogy, #2)

Kings, Queens, Heroes, & Fools - M.R. Mathias Summary from Goodreads:Join Hyden Hawk, and friends, on an adventurous quest, over land and sea, to find the Silver Skull of Zorellin. Fight with Mikahl, Ironspike, and fierce King Jarrek as they try to free the enslaved people of Wildermont from King Ra’Gren and his Dakaneese Overlords. Patrol the skies with Shaella, and her new black dragon, Vrot. With her father’s spell books, and the Priests of Kraw, she decides to aid King Ra’Gren, while scheming to free her lover, Gerard, from the hellish Nethers. Demonic love, valiant battles, and foolhardy heroics await readers in this 185k word continuation of the epic trilogy that was written in a Texas prison cell by M. R. Mathias._______________________________________If you haven't read the first book in this trilogy, The Sword and the Dragon, what are you waiting for? This so far has been the most exciting and vivid adult fantasy series I have ever read. Warning, there are spoilers for The Sword and the Dragon ahead, so if you haven't read it, stay away. I simply cannot do this review spoiler-free, but I will not spoil anything for K,Q,H,&F.This book is an awesome continuation of the amazingness that was the first part of the trilogy. And let me warn you once again, this is no quick or easy read. It is a long series. But every second is worth it. K,Q,H,&F is a little bit shorter than the first book, but it still took me three days to get through. And I read fast.During the first book, some of the characters I loved were killed. I was not a happy girl. But I still adored the book. There was an evil, evil villain and I was afraid that this book wasn't going to be able to stand up to the first book. But it did.With the introduction of a couple of new characters, Oarly (a dwarf), and Phen (a young magician), there were amazing characters to love again. Also, the depth of King Mikhail and Hyden Hawk continued to grow. If that were even possible. I was also pleased to see that King Jarrek played a larger role in the story this time. I love King Jarrek, he's brave, tough,and loving, and one of my favorite secondary characters.As for the villain aspect, I didn't find Ra'Gren or Shaella quite as intimidating or evil as Pael, but there were enough villains and conflict for it not to really matter. Plus you have the growth of Gerard in the Nethers and he is growing into a more evil villain by the minute. There was an incredible amount of action and the battle scenes were terrific. Now that I am fully into the trilogy, I can state how amazed I am by the world building and the details. I am in awe of M.R.'s ability to work in details and descriptive passages without them ever being tedious or taking away from the story itself. That takes great talent and for this reason I am one of his biggest fans. Of course there are other reasons too, but I think he is one tremendously talented writer, and I hope he never stops.I was ridiculously happy to obtain one of the first copies of this book before it was released to the public. And it was everything I had hoped it would be and more. This is a book for a person who loves books and reading. A book for someone who adores words and the English language. This is a book to savor. With a fantastic plot, a beautifully detailed world, and characters that jump right off the page (and I mean literally, Oarly was running around my living room and then he tried to feed me a cinder pepper, bad dwarf), this novel would make J.R.R Tolkien proud. I would without a doubt, recommend it to everyone I know. You are missing out if you do not read it.