An Apple For Zoë

An Apple For Zoë - Thomas Amo I finished this hours ago, but my computer was in the other room and I didn't feel like getting up. I ended up sleeping and I'm awake now so I can mark it as finished. Umm this book was like being inside a crazy person's effed up dreams. I don't even know where to begin. Part of me wants to sit on it and stew for awhile and figure out where I want to go with this review, because I just can't imagine coming up with everything I want to say at this point.I'd have to say the author probably has some pretty deep-seeded issues to write this book the way he did. I mean, seriously. It was totally not what I thought it was going to be. I mean, look at the title! Look at the cover! I was thinking paranormal ghost story written for teens when I started reading. Ummmmm no! Not even close. I met some Nazis, members of the Manson family, a really creepy hotel manager and more. There was just such a strange and loony cast of characters that I don't even know where to begin talking about them. At times it felt like I was reading inside a pinball machine! One minute one thing happened and then boing you hit the other side of the machine and something else happened. I couldn't put the damn thing down though. I found it fascinating. There were really some creepy parts of this book where I could honestly say I was pretty much terrified. Especially when they found the hidden Nazi crawlspace and encountered Mr. Kookoo for Cocoa Puffs. I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible. Stop laughing at me.An Apple For Zoe was one crazy book. I thought I was going to wait to review it but then the stuff I wanted to say just started pouring out and now I'm pretty satisfied. I really really liked this book. There were more than enough WTF moments, but I was kind of okay with that. Cliffhanger ending which pissed me off, but I'm sort of feeling immune to that right now. Almost every book these days ends with one of those.This was seriously the craziest plot in any book I have read so far this year. But it also may be one of the craziest plots I have read..ever. I can't wait to see what happens next. Seriously. WTF. Thomas you are insane. I had no idea how messed up in the head you really were. Nice.