Falling Under

Falling Under - Goodreads Summary:Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams. As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear. And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.Review:Before I read this book, I kept a pretty close watch on the ratings and reviews it was getting, so when I began to read it my expectations were not very high. And I'm glad I decided to do it that way, because Falling Under was just decent. It was an alright read, but it didn't really have any elements that made it stand out.I wasn't really looking forward to writing this review because I didn't have a whole lot to say. It kind of happens that way with okay books. You really don't want to criticize it too much because it truly wasn't a bad book, but at the same time it didn't wow me and I probably won't read it again and because of that I can't rave about it either. You can see my dilemma.Some people really loved it. Great for them. The book had a very Twilighty feel. But the truth is, Twilight was much better. So Falling Under is like Twilight's ugly stepsister. Theia was just as helpless as Bella, but not as lovable. Haden had similar qualities as Edward, but mostly it was just that he was dangerous and bad news for Theia. Sound familiar? Theia had an overprotective father like Charlie, but I actually really liked Charlie. There were a few other similarities, but why bother getting into them when they have been said in other reviews already?The one thing I can say I really liked about this book was the very first line. It like totally draws you in. I'm not going to spoil that for you and besides, I'm too lazy to get up off my butt and get the book so I can type it out word for word. Hey, at least I'm honest.Anyway, if you decide to read Falling Under, I think you'll enjoy it, it's a decent read, it just isn't sensational or powerful. The writing is kind of pretty and it's a promising start to a series, and I have high hopes that the author will get her legs under her and the next book will be better. I'm not giving up on this author yet, so clearly it wasn't a bad book(see my other reviews for that). Give it a shot and see what you think.