And Then Everything Unraveled

And Then Everything Unraveled - Jennifer Sturman Sometimes simplicity is best. I've had this book in my stack for awhile. When I picked it up, I was looking for something fun and pretty much mindless because a lot of the books I have been reading lately have been serious and/or morbid. I wanted to laugh. And I just wanted to escape for awhile.This book had so much potential. And for awhile there, I was really enjoying it. But it never really got going for me. For the majority of the book it felt like a whole lotta nothing happened. The relationship with the protagonist and the love interest went nowhere. And to be honest, the protagonist herself was a pretty flat character. They all were. Except for Charley. Charley the crazy and kooky aunt. She was the one shining moment in this otherwise ho-hum..ehhh...blah piece of writing. I wish Dieter from the beginning had been in it more. He also showed promise. I thought this book would be at least funny. It really wasn't.Let me stop ranting and raving about the awfulness for a second to talk about a few good things. The pacing was decent. While I felt that not much happened, what did happen was well thought out. The writing was well-done. It just wasn't anything special. I just didn't care. The book didn't do anything for me. I wasn't happy, sad, angry, or any other emotion that a book can make you feel. And then....THEN I find out at the very end that there is another book after this one! That explains why nothing happened. Holy sh*t! If I had known that, I would have prepared myself. But that's one thing that I can't blame on the author at least. I should've done the homework. That was my fault. But still. I totally did not see it coming. At least that explains why nothing happened for a large portion of the book. That's because there's another damn book. Which, by the way, I am not reading. I've got too many books to read to even mess around with a novel I would have to procure before I can even start it. And like I said, I just don't care. So I'm done. Hopefully the next book I review will be better. I'm tired of writing icky reviews. I hate it just as much as you hate reading them. But someone has to do it.Oh, and one more thing. Incidentally, I know that most of the people that read this book enjoyed it, so I am prepared for possible hate mail. My opinions very often differ from others. I'm okay with that. So bring it..if you think you need to.