Sophie & Carter

Sophie & Carter - Chelsea Fine Goodreads Summary:While other high school seniors are dreaming about their futures, Sophie and Carter are just trying to make it through each day. Carter is overwhelmed by issues at home as he struggles to support his mother. Meanwhile, next door neighbor Sophie is left to care for her three younger siblings in place of their absent and troubled mother. All that holds these two best friends together is each other, and knowing that each night they'll sit together on Sophie's front porch swing and escape from reality, if just for awhile. But as their relationship reaches a turning point and high school graduation nears, will their friendship become something more?Review:This is a very short book that you can read in a couple of hours. So I did. I read it the same day I received it. And it was good! It's a sweet love story about two teenagers in difficult living situations. There's no complex plot and it's very innocent. It was a cute story, that felt a bit amateurish, but I still enjoyed it. It wasn't very original and I felt that the ending wrapped up a bit too nicely. Character development was unbalanced. Sophie was very well developed as a character while Carter wasn't as much. But for a debut effort, it was a lot of fun. There's not much to review here at 128 pages, so if it sounds like something you would want to read, pick up a copy.