Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

Under the Never Sky  - Veronica Rossi My review for this somehow got deleted as well. I'm seriously pissed. But thankfully, I have a blog. So whoever is trying to censor my reviews can stop. Because I will post it over and over and over again.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm frustrated. This was another one of those books that I was really anticipating, but just fell flat for me. And it seems I am pretty close to the only one who feels this way. So take my review or leave it. All I can tell you is that it just didn't work for me. And I am extremely disappointed because I really, really wanted to love this book. It's one of my favorite covers of 2012 as well.Reasons why it didn't work for me? I really lacked an emotional connection to the story. I just didn't care about the characters. I feel that the author tried really hard to make me feel for her characters, but I just wasn't buying it.I also wasn't buying what I felt was manufactured suspense. Hard to explain, but I really didn't find the Croven all that scary. I thought the aether storms were cool and not terrifying at all, even though they were destroying towns. I guess the easiest way for me to describe my feelings about Under the Never Sky is I just wasn't believing any of the material. I wasn't convinced. This wasn't a dystopia that felt realistic or frightened me. Because it would never happen.The world-building was kind of all over the place for me too. Some of it I really loved. Like the aether storms. I felt when it came to the different tribes and the dwellers, there was a lot left unexplained and too many details were missing. I wanted more description. It felt kind of like a cop-out and an evasion from the author. I like to nitpick.The one saving grace that kept this book from getting a much worse rating was Perry. I loved Perry. He was a fantastic character. Rough, rugged, and the perfect guy. There was the appropriate amount of angst. I loved his strength and his personality. I loved his voice as well. So it is clear to me that Veronica Rossi has some talent as a writer, I would just like to see her focus it more. If she can write a character as great as Perry, she can write a good book. So I may or may not read the next one. But I won't be one of the first ones to do it. I will see what other readers say first.Final Note: Ehhh..it was good. But I would not read it again if given a second chance. There are many great dystopians out there. I felt this one was a somewhat weak effort. It was missing way more details then it should have been. Dystopians need supreme world-building.