Unfrozen

Unfrozen - Susan Franceschina Blurb:Isolated from the outside world, New City boasts to be the only pure city; the only society free of the life-prolonging, but often dangerous, Dozer chambers. It is behind these walls that Josie dreams of escape. Her fear of capture is amplified when the Commander's army captures Building X where her husband's illicit Dozer complex is housed. Time is running out, and Josie must decide if reaching the mysterious outside world is worth the risk entailed.Review:Brilliant, brilliant short story. And I don't read a lot of them, but this one was completely amazing. It's hard to imagine that everything I read was packed into 8 pages. It was also well-written, and I expect there are great things to come from this author. I thought the idea of the story was really cool. And my first thought when reading was, "Wow. What a creative mind." And I was jealous. Jealous that my mind doesn't work this way. And then I thought, "I wish this was a novel. I'd really like to see this world and storyline expanded upon." Because the world-building was fantastic. And I wanted more. I don't really have a whole of of anything else to say. There are no criticisms here. The writing flowed and I was just blown away by all of it. If you are into short stories, or even if you aren't, you should read it. Easily one of the best short stories I have ever read.