The Book of Blood and Shadow

The Book of Blood and Shadow - Robin Wasserman I'm quitting this one while I am ahead. For me, it was just too long-winded. Nothing seemed to be happening, and even when there was a death it felt anticlimactic to me. I realize this is a case of a writing style that I do not connect with. I also felt that characters were rather flat. I mentioned in one of my status updates that the book was written in first person, and yet, I felt like I didn't know the protagonist, Nora, at all.I hear the book gets going in later chapters and that the pace picks up, but to be honest, I was soured by the whole reading experience and annoyed that it was going nowhere fast. It was ruined for me and I just didn't care to read further.This is not to say that someone else may not love this book. It's gotten some rave reviews from some other bloggers that I look up to and respect, so I think it's just a matter of taste. I just could not get it to work for me. But this is not a bad book. The topic is interesting and the author can write, so I encourage you to try it if it sounds like it might interest you. I'm not rating, due to the fact that I've only read a portion of it.