All These Things I've Done

All These Things I've Done - I really wanted to give All These Things I've Done five stars because it was so darn unique. I mean REALLY original. But in the end I couldn't, for a couple of reasons. Number one, chocolate and caffeine were illegal and considered to be drugs. I thought the idea was pretty cool, but it just didn't work for me because I couldn't imagine people clamoring for the stuff like addicts do for cocaine and other serious drugs. It was just very difficult to suspend disbelief. But I can honestly say I appreciated the effort of trying to be original.The other thing that I didn't care for was the lack of world-building. As a dystopian novel, I just felt world details were needed and they were severely lacking. I kept waiting and waiting to get more information about the world and what had happened to make it that way, and they never came. Good thing it's a series and it might get more detailed as it goes on. There's always that hope.I really loved Anya/Annie as a protagonist. I just thought she was awesome and I wanted to know her. She is a kick-ass heroine and I loved how loyal she was. I loved her never give up and fighter attitude. She was sexy, smart, and a lot of fun. I loved her voice and adored being inside her head. Her relationship with Win was full of chemistry and I loved them as a couple. I loved the details of the mob, and how the family worked. I think eventually Annie will end up taking over and being the head of the family and I really cannot wait to see where this story goes, because I think there are so many different directions to take the story. There wasn't a whole lot of action in the book; I can honestly say it was more of a character-driven novel, and that is truly a rare occurrence in young adult. That was another thing I appreciated. And yet, even though it was character-driven, it was still a quick read. I couldn't put it down. All in all, I really, really liked it. Yeah there were things that could have been improved upon, but overall it was a lot of fun and I appreciate the originality. I did not intend to read this originally because it didn't interest me, and I am truly glad that I changed my mind.