What We Saw At Night

What We Saw at Night - Jacquelyn Mitchard I'm having a major problem with the writing style and I'm not sure I can or should read any further. I think by now if I don't like it, I'm not going to. This book has so much potential, but the lack of transitions, imagery, and sense of place is really making for a confusing reading experience. Half the time I don't know where the characters are until more than a page into the scene. And then it jumps around from line of dialogue to line of dialogue without any actions in between. The writing style is choppy and very vague. Also, the pacing. It's off. Nothing happened at all in the beginning and I was ready to put the book down until the one Parkour incident and then it was off and running until it stalled again. I am bored. It's a shame because it had so much potential, the blurb is awesome, and I was REALLY looking forward to this one. But I just can't do it. I'm afraid it's a DNF for me. If you can get past the writing style, or if you even like it, this may be worth reading. But it just didn't work for me, unfortunately. On to the next.