Love Story

Love Story - Jennifer Echols Goodreads Summary:SHE'S WRITING ABOUT HIM. HE'S WRITING ABOUT HER. AND EVERYBODY IS READING BETWEEN THE LINES. For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment? Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter . . . except this story could come true.Review:Based on that summary, this had the potential to be one epic romance novel. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. There wasn't anything wrong with the story itself, the mechanics were all there, it was well written and everything. My issue had to do with the character of Hunter and the way the author wrote his character.Hunter was an awful person. He was an opportunist, he completely screwed over Erin's grandmother, which would have been fine if he had a good reason to do it. Erin's grandmother was a horrible witch, but to do what he did for college tuition is just disgusting to me. Then he went and screwed Erin over too. It was premeditated and frankly unforgivable. And then he all of a sudden decided that he loved Erin and it wasn't about revenge any more? Are you kidding me? Because of all of this Hunter left a really bad taste in my mouth. So what he loves her now? The things he did to Erin were awful. I usually don't get this angry with characters. But I was extremely frustrated with this book. And I can tell you that most of the time while I was reading Love Story I was really angry. That to me is not entertainment. And the resolution wasn't really satisfying to me in the least. I give it 2 stars for absolutely gorgeous writing, but the book was disappointing. Really disappointing. I have heard that some of her other books are better, and I hope that's true, because this is the second book of hers for me that has been a letdown. Three strikes and you are out. This book was a suckfest.