The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Vintage Contemporaries)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon Okay. It's kind of hard to review this one. There are things I liked and things I didn't like. I thought the voice was really well done. I really felt as if I was being told a story by an autistic child. It felt elementary and lacking in emotion which is exactly how it should have been. I guess it's maybe the plot itself I didn't connect with. NONE of the characters were particularly likable and I didn't really care about what happened to them. I felt bad for the dog that got forked and the dog they brought into the family in the end, because that was one crazily dysfunctional family. The father killed the dog out of anger? WTF!! I mean that is unforgivable. And there were no repercussions for that? The whole book was just sad. I know that's how it was supposed to be and I get that this appeals to some people. That's why I'm giving it 3 stars. Because really, I just thought it was okay. It was so depressing.I feel bad for not liking it more, but there you have it.