Cold Kiss

Cold Kiss - Amy Garvey Goodreads Summary:When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved. Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart. Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.My Review:Thinking logically, bringing someone back from the dead would be a very bad idea. Even if you had some crazy magical powers and knew you could, what would possess a person to do such a thing? Sure you would miss the person that passed, but you would have to know that if you raised them from the dead, things would just not be the same. They would not be the same person, or even a person at all, without a beating heart and a functioning brain.Putting all of that in perspective and then thinking about it for a few days, and I can see why I had a sort of disconnect to this book and its characters. I would never have done what Wren did. No way, no how. My grandma was my best friend, and when I lost her I just about lost my mind, and still I would not have brought her back to life. Even if I had the capability to do so. It would have been freaky and weird, and I would have had to hide her because what would the rest of my family say, and etc. Ultimately, it takes a crazy person to do something like that, and I'm not crazy, which is why I couldn't relate to Wren.As far as the writing, it was sad, poetic, and beautiful. I didn't hate the book at all. Don't misunderstand me, I just think that maybe I am to much of a logical person to really "get it." Maybe I'm too old, maybe I'm a realist, who knows? I do believe in love, but like all things, life goes on. People die, we get old, and that's just the way it is. I felt bad for Wren, but that's all. Heal and move on, that's what everybody else does. We don't raise our loved ones from the dead.I'm not saying you shouldn't read it. It was a great book. It was obviously very depressing, but even so, it was an enjoyable read. Just keep in mind the things that I have said. If you are more of an emotional person than a logical one, I think you will probably be able to relate to the characters more. It's a good story, and it's fiction, so maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but that's why it didn't get five stars from me.