Fablehaven

Fablehaven - Brandon Mull Short review incoming!! I cannot express in words how much I enjoyed reading Fablehaven. It was, simply put, like a dream come true. Like a dream at night I mean. Literally. I stayed up all night reading and I may be delirious so please forgive me if I sound like I've lost my marbles. The story was magical. I didn't want it to end! I may have to dive right into the next one. I haven't decided yet. Not since the fabulous Harry Potter have I been so enraptured by a children's book. The settings were fantastic. Places like the garden, the house, the woods, the barn, they were all so beautifully written. So well written in fact that I can STILL picture exactly what they look like in my mind even though I have finished reading. The descriptive passages weren't burdensome and they fit right into the plot. The pacing of the novel was excellent. It started out slowly and kept building and building until it reached a crescendo. Perfectly done. I can only hope to be able to do this someday with my own writing. And lord, the magical creatures. If you've ever thought about magical characters you would like to see in a book, look no further. I can almost guarantee you will find them in these pages. Fairies, brownies, golems, giant cows, imps, demons, witches, trolls, naiads, etc. It was absolutely breathtaking. The author has one heck of an imagination. I am excited to see what he does next.I could rave about Fablehaven forever. Many of you have already read it and experienced the magic. But if you haven't, get a move on! Read this book. You will not be let down, I promise you.