Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1) - Review got deleted again. C'mon Goodreads, do you think I just have endless amounts of time on my hands to repost every single review of mine that got deleted? Bloggers, check your reviews and make sure they didn't get deleted. So far I have counted 5. Ridiculous.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I've been excited to read Cinder for awhile because I thought it would be unique and really different than any other YA book. And it kind of was, and it kind of wasn't. It had a great story and I can't rave enough about the wonderful writing. It was descriptive without being overly descriptive, but vivid and managed to capture the emotion of the narrative. It's the type of writing that just really flows from one sentence to the next, and because of that keeps the reader from wanting to put the book down.As for the story itself, it was not exactly what I was expecting, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. It just wasn't as unique as I thought it was going to be. I think it's kind of common knowledge by now that this is a retelling of Cinderella. And there were some similar story elements, but for the most part it was very different. It had the mistreated girl, a prince, the glass slipper (disguised as something else), and the wicked stepmother and stepsisters (sort of), but that's where the similarities ended. Besides that, there's just a simple story of a girl and a guy from different classes that fall in love. There's a bit more to it than that, but I think that covers it pretty well. It is a dystopia, it is sci-fi, and the world-building was pretty fantastic. I also thought it felt pretty realistic considering we were dealing with androids, cyborgs, and people that live on the moon.As for the characters? For the most part I loved them. They weren't as well developed as I felt they could have been, but they were pretty unique. And that gives them some bonus points in my eyes. The one character I was looking for more personality from was Prince Kai. He was kind of dull! The androids and cyborgs had more personality. Actually, they had great personalities. And I loved the crotchety doctor..he may have been my favorite. No spoilers here, so you will have to see for yourself.In the end, Cinder has a great story and it's a really fun read. You won't learn anything new, and the plot is pretty straightforward, but it is a lot of fun reading the gorgeous writing as the story unfolds. I can't think of too many people that wouldn't enjoy reading this book, so pick up a copy and get reading.Final Note: I think it's a fun read that almost anyone would enjoy. It has a great story, great characters, and the words were a lot of fun to devour.