Shatter Me

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi Goodreads Summary:Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.Review:Shatter Me is a book unlike any I have read so far this year, maybe ever. It was an interesting read and I definitely enjoyed it. I loved the characters. I adored Juliette and loved her character. I fell in love with Adam. He was a perfect male specimen and exactly the type of guy I would pick out for myself. The chemistry between Juliette and Adam was...WOW. So hot. Adam's brother James was adorable and special. Warner was a terrifying villain, but somehow likeable to a point. The story went in a direction towards the end that absolutely blew me away. And I wish I could talk about it. But I don't want to spoil anything. Let's just say that I am extremely excited to read the next book and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I will be salivating with excitement once book two is in my hands.The prose. Ah, the prose. It was interesting and it was gorgeous. I wanted to eat the words. I liked it and it was really different. But if there was anything about this book I would change, it would be that. I just felt that sometimes it was trying too hard to be different and stand out. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Sometimes I really loved it, but there were a few times when I was annoyed. They sold the rights for this book to a film company, Fox I think, and I am interested to see how they will turn this book into a movie. Because the first half of the book didn't have much of a plot. And that doesn't mean it was boring, it was just extremely unusual. I'm interested to see how the manuscript adapts to film, because personally, I don't think it can. The feelings will not be conveyed properly and I am concerned about that. But I will see it. Casting should be interesting too. Juliette will be extremely difficult to cast. So will Warner. But that is beside the point. As a book, it was a great read. Original, and a story I would recommend to everyone. Definitely. I am interested to see where the world-building goes and the plot itself, as there were quite a few unanswered questions. But that's fine. It makes me want to continue the series even more. I don't like hearing this book being compared to the Hunger Games, because while it was good, it wasn't that good. But I do think Shatter Me as a series has the potential to be great. You will see what I mean once you read the ending. If the author goes in the direction I think she is going, book two could be mind-blowingly huge. I can't wait.